Wednesday, November 17, 2010

 

Sheryl Crow, Borderline 21.10.10



After getting initially excited in getting tickets for this low key tiny club venue for an artist who sold out Hammersmith the week previously, I was a little concerned when I saw the set list for that show which included a Jackson Five song I can't stand and some from her new album I hadn't got. Still some new songs I am open to and was under the impression that the new album was rather country. However it wasn't and she has gone in a jazz funk direction. When did this happen? Some old songs were played in a lacklustre style with the slight exception of Everyday Is A Winding Road which was the highlight among many lowlights. The sour ice cream was a twelve minute version of Terence Trent Darbys Sign Your Name followed by an equally long jazz funk improv attempt. The encore was a solitary I Shall Believe from her classic debut, however this was elongated with bass solos and random backing singer warblings. Most disappointing show this year saved by the proximity of the Borderline.

Set - Our Love Is Fading / A Change Will Do You Good / Eye To Eye / 100 Miles From Memphis / Can't Cry Anymore / Summer Day / My Favourite Mistake / Sign Your Name / Jazz Funk Improv / Long Road / Everyday Is A Winding Road / Roses / All I Wanna Do / Peaceful ///// I Shall Believe

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?