Sunday, October 17, 2010

 

Republica, Islington Academy 15.10.10


Proving no band ever splits up or fades away, Republica have come back. THe mini tour was cancelled that just left this date. However, in view of a band with a couple of big tunes in my friends uni years I was surprised to be in a large group for this one. Saffron, the singer, was one of the best looking women I have seen on stage 14 years ago, yet the years have not been kind and she was ill advised to wear a dress that would have had me drooling back in the day. Still the music is still there with singalong tracks such as From The Rush Hour With Love, Gett Off and the biggies, Drop Dead Gorgeous and Ready To Go. Surprisingly they also played a couple of new songs, which like the gig itself, were probably over reliant on the keyboardists laptop but pleasant enough. I doubt whether they will see the light in an physical album, though I suppose I should catch up and think of the download market which any old tosser can make a release on these days. Main gripe here was in the venue it was £4.05 a pint of Tuborg!!!!! Still a good evening had.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?