Saturday, June 26, 2010

 

Bon Jovi at the O2 17.6.2010



Part of Bon Jovi's expensive residency I was lucky enough to take advantage of a friend's spare ticket for this and an excellent seat, allbeit high up, at the side of the stage. I certanly wasn't prepared to pay the three figure sums that some of the floor seats had for this although the Jovi do normally do a good show. Here, the set list was a bit too modern for me and also one for the Jovi purists with rare tracks such as Miss Fourth Of July and Love For Sale getting an airing. I normally like bands to mix up their set list, which does make it worthwhile going more than once, though I am not too sure how rich they think their fans. Other nights they have done Blood On Blood and Dry County, both of which I would love to hear again. The other noticeable thing here was that Jon Bon Jovi now struggles a bit with the higher notes and when you listened to his vocal of Living On A Prayer you could tell he was in trouble. Still not many people noticed bearing in mind how they were singing along as you would expect. I would still give this a seven out of ten. They still rock and Sambora can still play a mean solo. Just next time let me choose the set!

Set - Last Man Standing / We Weren't Born to Follow / You Give Love a Bad Name / Thorn in My Side / Born to Be My Baby / Superman Tonight / In These Arms / Captain Crash & the Beauty Queen From Mars / We Got It Goin' On / Bad Medicine / Love's the Only Rule / Homebound Train / Open All Night / Diamond Ring / Miss Fourth Of July /
Love For Sale / When We Were Beautiful / It's My Life / I'll Sleep When I'm Dead / Who Says You Can't Go Home / Livin' on a Prayer ///// Blood Money / Wanted Dead or Alive / Keep the Faith

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?