Thursday, February 18, 2010

 

Scouting For Girls, Scala 10.2.10

Thursday night in Kings Cross for pop band Scouting For Girls. I say band although it is clearly run by singer and keyboardist Roy Stride. Everyone knows 'She's So Lovely' and the set opener here 'Elvis Aint Dead' but some of the album tracks are as equally catchy. I was pleased to here the ode to 'Michaela Strachan' who put the Wac in Wacaday and 'I Wish I Was James Bond' which was followed by a cover of 'Live & Let Die'. They played a couple of new songs too from a fothcoming album which they will be promoting in a May tour where they play Hammersmith, a venue much much bigger than this Kings Cross nightclub. Just under an hour and a half and a fun pop night out. Good for a band I had not previously seen anyway.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?