Monday, February 08, 2010

 

Go West To Exeter

Now I know I have been appalling updating this blog and I have no excuses. So I have decided to update this not only for gigs but also when something else exciting happens in my life (just gigs the really!).
Went to Exeter for footie on Saturday. An ale pub called the Wellhouse Tavern by the cathedral was the first point of call. I plumped for the Torbay Gold ale (an ale drinker says you can't go too far wrong with an ale with the word gold in it) and it was surprisingly nice. The lager option was Peroni although there was a farmhouse cider at 9%! However, exiting the pub I took out my bean wrap from M&S to eat on the way to the next pub when I was mugged by two massively huge seagulls. Not much physical contact as they went straight for the wrap that was promptly dropped. Didn't bother about calling the police.
Two Saints (away) fans pubs followed, the unispiring Duke Of York and the Wells Tavern with two tatooed busty young barmaids. however, here I had to wait twelve minutes before being served as the bloke next to me ordered a round of over 25 pints amounting to just under £100.00! Had just enough time to have a could of halves in a place called the Bowling Green, a nice fullers pub, and The Horse & Dray, an irish pub and the only one showing the merseyside derby (on a dodgy egyptian channel). A young peroxide blonde was also perched at the bar here who I assume to be the daughter of the elderley lady who served me.
The game itslef wasn't much. St James Park is like a non-league ground where you'd expect Sutton to play. An open ended shallow terrace and a cut up muddy pitch. Saints played well first half but run out of ideas after Exeter equalised shortly after the break and a draw was probably a fair result as the play-offs get furtehr out of reach.
On the way back to St Davids there is a mega huge Wetherspoons near the station called The Imperial. A singular building on top of a hill that reminded of a rural Alexandra Palace. Typical wetherspoons clientele, old people and barely legal girls but due to its vastness it is probably better than your Sutton's Moon or Croydons George. A nice away trip which for some reason has become rarer this year (only doen Walsall outside of London before this, this season).
Anyway I will update this next time I have something to say, if not you can cover me in honey and call me Susan.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?