Friday, September 11, 2009

 

What's that coming over the hill?

No it's not a monster as The Automatic sing, bit a new job. Hooray. Same as my old one but a different company and location (sunny croydon). Thing is that my start date was only two weeks after being offered it and I'm now trying to cram everything in. For example, my opticians are near my old work place and I've realised I am going to run out of contact lenses probably in the middle of October. Now, I don't fancy my chances of popping there at lunchtime in my new job so I've had to order them this week. There are a couple of gigs I may not have booked too had I know I would have had to wake up for work the next day. Finally I need to check all important train times from East Croydon to Southampton for midweek trips. Annoyingly our first ever LDV cup game (& our most realistic chance of heading to Wembley) is a 7.00pm kick off! I don't fancy my chances if I worked till five, though at a bargain £7.50 it still may be worth missing five minutes or so.
Had a trip to Notting Hill record & tape exchange spending £42 on 17 albums which was bargain hunting to the extreme. Included in my purchase, although feeling it as a guilty pleasure, was Taylor Swift's Fearless album. Having played it last night it really is good! Other bergains were the aforementioned Automatic, Brett Anderson's solo album, Tina Dico and Gabriella Climi, alongside some classic rock albums not previously got to fill out my collection such as def Leppard's High & Dry and the best of Cheap Trick.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?