Thursday, September 03, 2009

 

I Hate People

Title comes from Jemina Pearls new song which features Iggy Pop. Fav song of the year so far and is currently on her myspace page.
Been a quiet two weeks mainly cause I've had a virus that made me dizzy if I stood up or turned my head, which at the beginning was accompanied by vomiting. Not nice, and lasted just under two weeks. To be honest I still get a bit groggy if I suddenly stand up so not fully recovered yet. This did allow me to go down to Dorset for a long weekend and make a fuss of my parents new Golden Retriever puppy who is lovely.
Illness also made me miss Saints home game v Brentford. In fact, we've played six games so far and I've only seen the opener v Millwall. It must be at least five years since I last missed five games on the trot! Therefore I can't comment on how we're doing though results aren't inspiring. Looking forward to Saturday's home game v Colchester and my first chance to see Rickie Lambert. I will also purchase Le God's autobiography then (taking Le Tiss!).
Also been very quiet on the gig front with one not for over two weeks, and another stadium band who I've not seen before nor particularly am a fan of, Coldplay. However, at the end of the month I reacquaint myself with Rose Elinor Dougall who is playing a pub in Shoreditch followed by a good run of Mott The Hoople, Luke Haines, Skunk Anasie and The Cult in quick sucession. All should be good (oopps forgot Hi Ho Silver Lining Jeff Beck too!)
Also excellent news in December when Skin are playing another gig, when the support is an acoustic set by Toby Jepson!
When I fully recovered I have been looking at how to fill the days whilst also looking for a job, and have remembered that most London Musuems are free. Therefore may have a few days coming up being a tourist in London entertaining myself for no money.
Finally, wasn't the ashes great! Superb and hopefully we can dominate the less important one days too that start tomorrow.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?