Wednesday, July 29, 2009

 

Sky Larkin, Lexington 24.7.09



Sky Larkins Golden Spike album is superb so I was really looking forward to this. I wasn't disappointed either. They are a three piece with the lovely Katie on lead vocals and guitar. Songs about geology too that sound like a rocky version of the Sundays. The Lexington was a new venue for me, upstairs and relatively big akin to somewhere like the Scala. The only shame was that they didn't play their cover of Because The Night despite my heckle, and the bass player saying maybe the encore. Top gig for a bargain fiver. Buy their album which is only £5.99 on play.
Did a good crawl before hand from Angel tube too. As it was pouring as I got off the tube i went to the York pub, packed with people seeking shelter like me! As it brightened, a pub called the castle had bitburger on draught. I had only been here once previously over ten years ago when it was called Ye Olde Pint Pot. Still had a good roof terrace. I saw the Crystal Palace 100m with Usain Bolt winning easily in the Lord Wolseley, a local if there ever was, and finally Filthy McNastys with all the rock memorabilia and posters dotted around. Definately worth checking out this venue again when someone else good plays.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?