Wednesday, July 08, 2009

 

Last Week

Went to Epsom racing on Thursday. Had one winner which was 9-2 so wasn't too badly down on the day. Status Quo played in the evening and seemed to be in good form. The encore was a bit of a waste as they came out a minute before the curfew, so basically it was a couple of chorus's of Bye Bye Johnny and off!
Went to Kingston on Saturday for a few pubs along the river enjoying the hot weather. Porter Blacks is now called Woody's though no semblence of the Woodies in New Malden was to be had. Everywhere was rammed though as you had to take plastic pint glasses if you wanted to be by the river then maybe we should have gone back to the old days and gone to an off licence instead to save money.
A couple of Cds I've been playing are The Lovely Eggs - If You Were Fruit and Sky Larkin - The Golden Spike. The former is very twee with songs with titles like 'I Like Birds But I Like Other Animals Too' which is a classic. Though my favourite lyric is from the title track - 'I peeled a lemon and I thought of you, you're not sour I just like lemons'. Great stuff. Sky Larkin's vocalist is very reminscent of the Sundays and though slightly more guitary it is still good shoe glazing stuff.
Also I've started my yearly run through of Buffy episodes and am currently at the end of season three. I've forgotton how good that was! I have Joss Wheadon's new one, Dollhouse, season one DVD on pre-order now, which should be good. I can also watch it as new, as I have only seen a couple of episodes as it hasn't been on a terrestial or freeview channel yet. Good stuff. More gigs to write up from the weekend which I shall do immiently.

Comments:
There is nothing else in the world like Woodies in New Malden. Never has been and never will be!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?