Wednesday, July 22, 2009

 

Kasabian, Brixton Academy 16.7.09

Now call me a moaning old git but moshing these days seems more violent than in my day. It used to be that you jumped up and down, forwards, backwards and occiasionally to the side, but always facing the stage. These days the youth delibratley push each other creating circles they can run around in not paying any attention to the band. Summed up with the nutty boys here at Brixton. I got a good place just in front of the last barrier near the stage on the left (as always here), and despite standing still for most of the show, I had to push away at least four of five different people jumping in my direction. I could understand it if I was just pushing their backs as they jumped up and down in a crowded area, but here there was
enough room and these people I to shove from the side back in the direction they were coming from. A shame these w*nk*rs don't pay any attention to the music as Kasabian are maintaining their position as one of the best current live bands. The only negative tonight was a couple of the new songs sound very much like their first album in particular Processed Beats, so much so I though they were going into this song twice before they actually played it! Ending as ever with LSF it gave me something to sing as I walked up Stockwell High Road in the pouring rain, when it had been warm and sunny on the way into the Academy.
Set - Underdog / Shoot The Runner / Cutt Off / Empire / Where Did The Love Go? / Thick As Thieves / Take Aim / Fast Fuse / Processed Beats / Fire / The Doberman / Club Foot ///// Vlad The Impaler / Stuntman / You Got The Love / L.S.F.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?