Tuesday, June 09, 2009

 

Saving Aimee, Camden Barfly 3.6.09.

Booked purely on the basis I had nothing else planned for the whole week and out of all the gigs, this was a band vaguely heard of, and sounded quite good on myspace. Barfly is also a great venue too that sells a decent pint of Tuborg. I got the venue, about nine and saw the main band were sheduled to be at 9.15. Into the venue then, and the main support the Mission District sounding keyboard heavy were still on. Here, I thought I had wondered into a kids disco as a half full crowd consisted mainly of 16-18 year olds, mainly female. Eggh, could be done for a Gary Glitter if I joined the mosh pit!. Anyway there were a few people my age group dotted around, mainly at the bar which had no queue and this is where I propped myself. Heard two songs of the Mission District and they sounded alright but not something I would buy. Saving Aimee came on just after half nine, and were quite good. However, they seem stuck at which direction to choose to go in. Their first few numbers were pop rock in the bouncy guitar based direction. They then started to be synth based and sound quite eighties, especially on the Depeche Mode esque 'Honestys The Policy'. The teenagers seemed to enjoy themselves with some stage invasions, though they don't quite understand the concept of diving off the stage, with about forty on stage during the last number, ironically after the band set a time limit for stage invaders before threatnening to push them off. The band had fun too which points to a good show. However, I just can't help feeling slightly old when the audience really could be my offspring (if I was able to pull in my teenage years!!!!)

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?