Wednesday, April 08, 2009

 

Rose Elinor Dougall, The Old Queens Head 5.4.09





A free gig in North London for my favourite ex-pipette. I do enjoy going to the Old Queens Head. At a Dot Allison gig a few years ago I got a free keyring from them which is still on my set of keys. I got here at eight and managed to see both supports. Patrick Robinson is in Rose’s band and was fairly inoffensive. However, I did quite enjoy the other support Sunderbans who were quite heavy and melancholic.
I am getting used to Rose’s songs now and here she opened with what will be her new single in June “Stop/Start/Synchro”. Check out her myspace site to hear it. “Come Away With Me” (the only song here without Rose playing an instrument) is a lovely piece of summery pop, and there is some psychedelia evident in the last single, “Another Version Of A Pop Song”. The 30 minute set ended abruptly with a song called “Falling Down”, a shame as they were just getting into a stride.
The audience included former band mate Gwen from the Pipettes lending her support. All in all an excellent evening and I definitely cannot wait for the album when it is eventually released.


Photo from http://www.flickr.com/photos/franthefan/3418577179/ + one of mine added.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?