Friday, February 13, 2009

 

Kelli Ali 4.2.09.

I made my second ever visit to the Slaughtered Lamb to see ex-Sneaker Pimps singer, Kelli Ali. Support was from a tall thin bearded gent called Stanton Delaplane. His set was based on recorded loops and seemed to sing albeit in tune, nonsense.
Kelli has a band which was made up of a cello, flute and guitar. Her set was from her most recent album, Rocking Horse and was very good. Amazingly she even threw in a cover of Willow’s Song from the film The Wicker Man which was excellent.
After the show I went in the nearby Sutton Arms pub, noting that there was five minutes left of the Everton Liverpool game with the match heading towards penalties. As I ordered my drink, an advert appeared. That seemed to go quickly I thought, but at least I have my pint for the shoot-out. Not so as after the advert finished the TV drew back to scenes of Everton celebrating a last minute goal. What’s gone on? The full time whistle then went and Steve Ryder made several apologies. ITV have reached a new level of incompetence and surely should be made to relinquish their football coverage in the future.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?