Thursday, November 27, 2008

 

The View, Astoria 21.11.08

Friday Night in London and off to see a band I know little about, The View. After a beer and a game of darts in South Wimbledon, we got a tube up to soho and went in the Pillars of Hercules. At the back of the bar were all of the band we were about to see! At least we knew they weren’t on stage yet. When we did get in to see then perform, I was impressed. Short bouncy punk songs, though the ones sung by the bass player weren’t so strong. Good hair though. This could be my penultimate gig at the Astoria before they knock it down!
The previous Wednesday my brother & I saw a Who tribute, the Wholigans in Shepherds Bush. They have been going for 26 years which must be a record for a tribute act. Their set ended with them smashing guitars at the climax of My Generation. All good fun!.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?