Monday, November 17, 2008

 

Feeder, Southampton Guildhall 15.11.08.

Had a long day Saturday. The reason was my staying down in Southampton to see Feeder at the Guildhall there. In view of this got a later train than normal to Southampton, only getting to the Royal Oak for the second half of the Sky game, after doing a quick bet in bet fred to cover a stupid bet with a Fulham fan a couple of night before. (I said Fulham would not score two goals against spurs). They did but my thinking of doing a correct score bet of 2-1 and 2-2 means I am 50p up on the deal!
Saints game against Wolves sums up the season. We play great attractive football but defensively are shocking. The ref’s nightmare performance didn’t help though to lose two one was unlucky especially given the second half performance.
After a quick Subway and a return to the betting shop to collect the winnings, I return to the Royal Oak to watch Chelsea comfortably beat West Brom. You always end up talking to people in this pub whether you recognise them as Saints fans or not and towards the end of the game I chatted to a lovely Finnish girl, Annouka?, who had only been over in Southampton for two weeks. A shame I had to move on to the venue for the gig. I had already been tipped off that the show would end around half ten giving me plenty of time to get the last train at eleven, so I entered the venue at half eight. A strange venue, like a large room, with elevated seating at the back. A separate bar area was on the left selling Tuborg, albeit at £3.50 a pint. Strangely the floor in the standing area was carpeted. Feeder came on just before nine and played the excellent ‘Tumble And Fall’ second in. Promoting their new album they did ignore a few obvious choices but did play ‘Buck Rogers’ which was apparently brought back for the festivals, and Yesterday Went Too Soon, which they ignored when last I saw them eight years ago, despite being one of my favourite songs at the time. The encore included High, a song they ended with years ago and Seven Days In The Sun which was the last song, and the best one to mosh around to. Time was had to get a pint in The Encore pub and also a bottle from there for the last train as annoyingly the Spar opposite shut at half ten. A long journey got me to Wimbledon at 00.47 just missing a 164 bus meaning another twenty minute wait here. Probably worth it as I was in the area anyway but wouldn’t do it a normal midweek unless the band playing were not doing a London date.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?