Friday, September 12, 2008

 

Ash play 1977 at The Roundhouse 3.9.08


Last Friday I was at the Roundhouse for Ash. Ash were the first band I ever saw that were younger than me (the only time I had previously seen then). Strange then, that twelve years later for my return to this band they were celebrating their debut album 1977, which they were touring when I first was there! 1977 is a classic Britpop album and the show opened with Ash performing it in it’s entirety. This proved a hit with Girl From Mars, Oh Yeah and Kung Fu sounding as fresh as ever. Once this was completed they then played a couple of b-sides from the same period, ‘Sneakers’ their covers of Star Wars Cantina Band Theme and Abba’s Does Your Mother Know. The Star Wars thing was accompanied by people dressed as Stormtroopers on stage. Their first single after their debut album, A Life Less Ordinary, was then played to close before their encore. The encore included their other two catchy singles, Sometimes and Burn Baby Burn. An enjoyable show, heaped in Nostalgia. Was Britpop really that long ago?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?