Sunday, June 08, 2008

 

Current Albums

Been a few albums I have bought recently but have been disappointing. One of my heroes, Thea Gilmore released Liejacker which is hard work. Depressing and over lyricsised it may be different when I see her live in a couple of weeks. The Tings Tings (see below) was preceded by the brillant no one 'That's Not My Name' but the album rarely reaches that high. Have Gavin Rossdale on pre-order who I am seeing next week so hopefully this will improve my mood as I have no expectations for that one really! That said both the Quireboys and Dan Baird albums that I bought at the shows are pretty good although Mr Bairds is probably overlong and could do with the songs being edited down a bit. Busy few weeks coming up with me realising that I can only watch eight evening Euro 2008 games (at least they include two q/fs one semi and the final). My tip is the Czech Republic at 16-1. I disgress and have a few 20-20 Surrey cricket games coming up aswell as gigs by Thea and Rossdale as above and Journey! Should be good. One of the Thea gigs is in Bristol which hopefully will see my first vist to legendary cider pub The Coronation Tap!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?