Wednesday, February 13, 2008

 

Hard-Fi @ The Koko




So Hard-Fi then. After seeing them twice at Brixton I was looking forward to this. After watching most of Cappellos first match in charge of England I floated along to Camden’s Koko. Here I went to the bar and was shocked to be charged £3.70 a can of Fosters. Glad I did most of my drinking in nearby Belushis at £2.50 a pint.
The problem with bands whose debut is huge, is they have a ‘difficult’ second album to do. My opinion is still out on the ‘Once Upon A Time In The West’ follow up and hearing it live has not changed that. A strangely subdued crowd were in too with little applause between songs and it was only till the encore when Mick Jones’s turned up for Should I Stay Or Should I Go was there any enthusiasm shown. I think the main problem was that being a venue that they could sell out for a week, a lot of the crowd were there, just to say they were there rather than pay interest to the music. Also, the fact they left the anthems ‘Stars Of CCTV’ and ‘Living For The Weekend’ as the last two alongside the Clash song did nothing to gee up the crowd through the first half hour. So for the third gig in six days it was again, good but could have been better. Would The Twang live up to my expectations on Saturday?

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?