Wednesday, January 09, 2008

 

2008 & Magic Darts at Frimley Green

So 2008 eh? Wow! 2007 ended with me completing my pub count on a nice round 600, with a cheeky half on NYE whilst shopping in Croydon (The Old Fox & Hounds). The final Saturday of 2007, to get to this figure I did a crawl of the Sutton pubs I hadn’t done. This ranged from the depressing (Angel & Red Lion) to the surprisingly alright (Dolphin & Lord Nelson) and actually better than expected (The Woodman) if only for the illegal Saturday afternoon football on some arabic channel.
New Years Eve was spent in Wimbledon doing a similar crawl to last year. Nice to see an area of pubs that don’t milk the occasion by being all ticket!
January is always quiet and I have no gigs planned till Paramore in February. However, yesterday I did go to Lakeside in Frimley Green for the BDO darts. I managed to get my 180 sign signed on one side by the lovely Anastasia Dobromysova, the good looking Russian female champion, and by Wolfie Adams on the other (the current BDO champion).
Southampton’s form over the last few weeks has been indifferent with the manager, Burley, continuing to tinker with very odd line-ups. How Jason Euell gets in the team is anyone’s guess, especially when Viafara seems a much better option. With Safri gone for a month, we wait to see on what Burley picks for this time. My money is on Wright going to midfield with Ostlund or one of our centre backs filling in at right back. This is not the best option but Burley sticks with his favourites. Still we look good to progress in the cup. FA Cup third round day, best day of the football calendar.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?