Tuesday, November 06, 2007

 

Bad Week

Those ‘friends’ I have on facebook know I am upset about everything at the moment. Frankly, it has been a hideous week where Saturdays last minute defeat to Charlton is the least of it. It started badly with a recurrence of me being quite ill. Vomiting, fever, pins and needles, resulted in more tests and antibiotics. However as I write this I feel that I am recovering. Also this week my dad was in hospital and each time he looked like coming out, he didn’t. Finally, it doesn’t look like the family dog has long left. This is perhaps most traumatic as she has been with my parents for over a third of my life. All this necessitated in a trip to Dorset at the weekend, where Dad was finally released on the Sunday, and I could a huge fuss of our pet. It puts other things like "girls I like" ignoring me and football low on my hypothetical list of bugbears.

To cheer myself up on Saturday I had a bit of a splurge and bought two Buffy books. Both graphic novels. Omnibus volume 1, is a collection of stories taking place before the TV series started including an excellent origin story. The second, is Joss Whedon’s official season eight, which is what would have happened had the series not been cancelled. Originally released in monthly instalments, this is part one covering the first five ‘episodes’. Haven’t started it but as it is written by Buffy’s creator and is ‘official’ and I am looking forward to it.

A few remaining gigs of the year to attend. Sonarta Artica and Epica should be a very heavy night out as in metal. It’s back to the blues with Gary Moore and have lined up The Pigoen Detectives amongst the indie stuff which also includes Shed Seven’s reformation. Finally my brother & I have decided on another trip to Nottingham for Thunder’s Annual Christmas Show at Rock City. This always seems to be a good show, full of covers, obscure Thunder stuff and some of their classics. I’m sure there are a few others I’ve missed too, Magnum immediately springs to mind!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?