Tuesday, July 31, 2007

 

Mutya Buena at the Jazz Cafe 25.7.07

So this is the ex-sugababes solo show at the Jazz Café I attended last week. I was quite impressed. I did a bit of a crawl round Camden prior to the show starting off in the Grand Union. Many years ago this was the Camden Falcon with regular indie bands. After a spell as a trying to be trendy Mac Bar, it has returned to a more pub like interior, although still probably a bit too bar like. Very pleasant barmaid served me, tall and blond with stars tattooed on her back. Peachy Keen was next, a bar like a small shop. It had Pilsner Urquell on tap and is probably later on in the evening a hideous loud DJ place. Perfectly pleasant for my stay however. Just down the road was Quinns, a large thin irish place. A typically young irish girl served me (in that I mean she had red hair) a pint of Budvar that came to under three quid and I made use of one of the quiz machines in here. A very good pub that I will probably make use of again when I am in this area. Finally the Hawley Arms is the latest b-list celeb hang out of Camden (Kelly Osbourne) although I noticed no one familiar, besides a few wannabes. (Oh must wear my trilbry as that druggie does so when pictured in the London Lite). There were numerous polaroids on the wall here and I did notice Fearne Cotton in one. No attractive bar staff to report and I couldn’t see the attraction of this place when there are a few more proper boozers in the area.

The jazz café was sold out and fairly packed. After purchasing a £3.40 boretti beer on draught, I get a good position in front of the stage left. Mutya’s album features collaborations with George Micheal and Amy Winehouse although there were no special guests involved tonight. The set was from her album, although the song B-Boy Baby had the same tune as Be My Baby the 60s song and surprising she sang the Sugababes hit Ugly towards the end of her set. The concert price was around £10.00 which is a bit of bargain for any London gig these days, not less one who has been in the top ten most of the summer so far!

Set – Not Your Baby – It’s Not Easy – Just A Little Bit – Naïve – Suffer For Love – B-Boy Baby – Strung Out – Song 4 Mutya (Out Of Control) – Ugly – Real Girl

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?