Thursday, June 14, 2007

 

Still Got The Blues....

Been a while since the last post. Since I wrote that Beckham was recalled and set up 75% of Englands goals in their last two games, unsurprisingly for someone who set up 75% of the goals England scored in the World Cup. He should never have been dropped as without him England have no creativity.
Dettori won his first Derby. I actually won some money on the race before with which gave me some money for a random night out!
Friday, I saw Gary Moore at Shepherds Bush. It’s been some years since I last saw Mr Moore headline a show and despite promoting his new album of ‘old’ blues songs he was rather good. I think he benefited from a small band with just bass, drums and keyboards. Because of this I feel the songs were heavier especially the opener ‘Pretty Woman’ and ‘Walking By Myself’. The highlight for me was the reworking of Thin Lizzy’s ‘Don’t Believe A Word’ which went down well with the predominantly male age 40+ crowd. If I had one gripe re the show was that there was probably one too many slow blues songs which tend to meander with elongated solos. However, he did end with ‘Parisianne Walkways’ with a note held for somewhere between 10 and 15 seconds before the last solo, meaning everyone went home happy.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?