Wednesday, May 16, 2007

 

Stephen Fretwell @ St James

Last Thursday I saw Stephen Fretwell again at St James Church in Piccadilly. Got a good view in the upper tier level with the stage. As you would imagine in a church, the sound was excellent. Noticeably, the front row pews were at least 8 yards from the stage so in effect my positioning (due to my late arrival) was closer than they were. He had a few other musicians with him this time (see my entry earlier this year re his acoustic Slaughtered Lamb performance) and was just as good. Being in a church he did say that he’s have to edit his final song ‘New York’ which contains many a profanity but I assume half way through, he forgot where he was.
Earlier in the evening, I had my first visit to the Sports Café on Haymarket. A procey £3.30 for a pint of Fosters, although the waitresses were wearing shot skirts with crop tops. All the bar staff though were blokes.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?