Monday, May 21, 2007

 

Bryan Adams Friday 11th May 2007

So Bryan Adams 26th gig at Wembley Arena. Reckon I’ve been to about half of them, including the first two in 1987. Much of the set he plays now was also played back then (ie much of the Reckless album). Thankfully he kept the new songs to a minimum, one brand new song and ‘Open Road’ from his last album was about it. However, the set was a bit too ballad-y with the dirge of ‘Have You Ever Loved A Women’ next to the equally dirgey ‘Everything I Do’. ‘Summer Of 69’ is wasted in the middle of the set and is played the same as the 4 minute record, unlike the superb mid nineties version which elongated it fantastically. Bry still calls up a girl to share vocals on ‘When You’re Gone’. Here we had Karen from Basildon, a stereotypical peroxide Essex girl with a large bottom! To be fair she did a good job, ie wasn’t too out of tune. The main highlight for me though was when I was ordering myself a beer, one of the girls not serving commented on how much she like my hair. Flummoxed all I could say was ‘ermm thanks, yours is not bad too’.

Set –There Will Never Be Another Tonight / Can't Stop This Thing We Started / Please Forgive Me / The Best Of Me / Somebody /Kids Wanna Rock / Let's Make A Night To Remember / This Time / Open Road / 18 Til I Die / Back To You / I Think About You / Summer Of '69 / Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman? / Everything I Do / Cuts Like A Knife / When You're Gone / It's Only Love / Heaven / The Only Thing That Looks Good On Me Is You / Cloud #9 / Run To You ///////// There's Gonna Be Some Rockin' / Seven Nights To Rock / She's Only Happy When She's Dancin' ////// Straight From The Heart / All For Love

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?