Thursday, March 08, 2007

 

Joss Stone

Saw Joss Stone at the Koko on Tuesday. It was bizarre!
Got up there (Mornington Crescent) about half seven so I could watch some of the euro footie before hand. Asked at the door what time is she on and was told 8.30pm on the dot. I doubted this so would check later. After watching Chelsea go one down and the scousers dominate against Barca I went back to the venue at half time in the football to recheck the times. I was then told she'd be on by nine at the latest. I go in at ten past to get 20 more minutes of the football and she didn't actually come on until 9.35pm! (Even some boos when members of her band came on stage!)
It was only forty minutes before the encore, although after an outfit change she did carry on till 11. However despite having a fantastic voice (and nice legs) it was fairly shambolic! Some bloke in the gents asked me whether I thought she was drunk or on something else!
Long ramblings introducing her new songs. Some songs stopped and restarted due to her mistiming and general fits of giggling both during and inbetween songs.
The songs themselves, when she got them right were fairly listenable and funky but I got the feeling most of the audince were bewildered with plenty leaving before the end.
The encore formed a long jam session with Joss introducing her band and asking them to play something she really liked (without naming the song), then when they performed a snippet Joss knelt down in the middle of the stage swaying her head from side to side. Definately memorable but whether it was good I've yet to make my mind up!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?