Monday, January 08, 2007

 

It is January

& inevitably people have colds, no money or just cant be arsed to go out so I ended up staying in this weekend. Alas it means you stay in watching rubbish on TV and I now have to admit watching a lot of the celebrities Big Brother. Quite funny that two people have left because of the awful Goody family. I do think that Shilpa is quite fit which makes it ok to watch in my book. Think that Dirk (Face from the A Team) will win though.
Saw Deal or No deal on Sunday where they had the first £250,000 winner. She had the big one and £3000.00 left and the offer was about £40,000. Call me cautious but I wouldn't gamble 37 grand on a 2-1 chance to quadruple it and I would have even banked a bit earlier when the offer was 20 grand. When I watch this programme I always want them to lose out as it brings out the greed in most people on it, a vile characteristic. However, I think the girl who did win wasn't being greedy, just wanted to have fun and wouldn't have cared that much if she lost the big amount so I was happy to see a win for a change.
This weekend saw the best day of the football year, FA Cup 3rd Round Day. Having seen a couple of games that were shown live and Match Of The Day, the standard of keeping appeared to be atrocious. Dudek and Howard were among the high profile poor performances and Saints benefited in their first goal against Torquay by a keeper error. Maybe the new ball has something to do with, or is that just the keepers union clutching at straws.
Because Sutton Utd was postponed I managed to see Jeff Stelling in the Nightingale pub for the 2nd half updates. Although I normally find this rivetting my attention was diverted (as was the only other two blokes in the pub) by a girl in the flat opposite painting in soley a tight vest and knickers! A good way to spend a pint on a wet Saturday afternoon me thinks.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?