Monday, November 06, 2006

 

Jackie Lynton - Camphill Club - 4.11.06

Weekend only consisted of Saturday for me. Started with my flu jab at the GP centre and then a wlak back to Cheam station to get train to Southampton. Have to say there is a stunning girl working in the pattiserie next to the Star in Cheam as I walked passed. Shame I couldn't think of anything to buy! I got to Southampton and had a pint in Bar Ice served by a lovely blonde barmaid and then the Cork & Bottle before seeing a dreadful game of football. Southampton should really beat rubbish sides like Hull, but despite having loads of play and shots, I cant recall their keeper making a save.
Anyway, I decide to go home via Byfleet, where Jackie Lynton is playing the Camphill club. Did a couple of pubs before, the Kings Head which had Diamonds Are Forever on the big screen complete with sound, and the Sidewalk by West Byfleet station which served only Amstel and reminded me slighly of Clarets. Any onto Mr Lynton is a musician who has been going for ages and never really got anywhere. He did cowrite a couple of Status Quo songs in the seventies but no sings blues in various Surrey pubs and clubs. The Camphill Club is the sports pavillion ay Woking Rugby club and had around forty people in. I had to pay a £3-50 non member fee to get in.
The set was very bluesy and contained several medleys. Mainly covers he did a couple of originals with the penultimate number, Women & Men, sounding completely out of place in a heavy metal mould. Jackie also told a couple of jokes as he normally does and the entertaining evening ended with the slowy 'Help Me Make It Through The Night' with several couples dancing.

Set (1) My Baby Left Me - That's All Right / Matchbox - Blue Suede Shoes / Unchain My Heart / My Babe - Big Boss Man / Rock n Roll Whiskey Blues / All My Life / Sweet Little Sixteen - Little Queenie / Hi Heel Sneakers - Unchain My Heart
Set (2) I Hear You Knocking - Lets Work Together / Matchbox - Blue Suede Shoes / The Real Thing / I Wanna Love You / Mustang Sally / Women And Man / Help Me Make It Through The Night

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?