Wednesday, November 15, 2006

 

Doro Camden Underworld 10.11.06.



So a Friday night in Camden to see the first women who played a heavy metal festival in Britain which occurred in the late eighties. Doro Pesch brightened up many an issue of Kerrang, which normally consisted of several very hairy men. Unfortunately I could not find my copy of a Warlock album I borrowed from Cheam library as a teenager to play before this gig so I went in fairly unprepared. Doro (the singer of the aforementioned Warlock) is still only 42 and looks pretty good. I admit that my previous ‘gig preview’ post was only an excuse to get a photo of her on here as I thought that I couldn’t get one of this gig(wrongly as it turns out). I have to say that musically this was brilliant. Reminiscent of seeing the Scorpians for the first time. Lots of heavy riffs and vocal melodies and shouts of ‘hey hey’ & ‘yea yea’ in each song. ‘Burning The Witches’ was an early highlight with the only time I was threatened that I’d lose interest was during the obligatory rock drum solo. There was a cover of Judas Priest’s ‘Breaking The Law’ before a great song called ‘Fight’ and an audience sing-along to ‘All We Are’. Doro did sound a bit like Helga from ‘Allo Allo’ at times between songs but really worked the audience which was much more packed than expected. This is how a rock show should be, nearly two hours of classic metal. Not ‘arf!

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?