Monday, August 14, 2006

 

Epsom Racing - Texas 3.8.06.

Three winners assured me of a small profit (including drinks and admission I was still ahead) before Texas provided the main entertainment. I hadn't seen Texas for a few years and I still prefer them as they were sixteen years ago as the bluesy-rock band rather than the slushy radio friendly pop band they are now. Opening with 'I Don't Want A Lover' (the only pre 96 song in the set) I was optomistic. However, something wasn't quite right and Sharleen (the singer) seemed a bit over the place. At the end of the song she slurred a few things and rambled on a bit. I know it doesn't help when you have a strong Scottish accent but it appeared to me that she may have over indulged backstage pre gig! Perhaps she had a few winners too! Still we got the modern day hits like 'Once In A Lifetime' and 'Put Your Arms Around Me' as well as a cover of Bowies 'Heroes' so fun was had. However, it seemed as though they approached the gig like they were a second attraction rather than a headline event! Hopefully they'll be more on the rails next time I see them.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?