Saturday, July 22, 2006

 

Rich Bradshaw @ Tone's Bar North Cheam 19.7.06

A solo show by myself is a very very rare occasion. However, I needed a public rehearsal for the song I am playing at Matt's wedding in a few weeks and luckily enough the first open mic nite at Tone's organised by the lovely Gemma who played with Sulphur at Cheamstock in January invited me along. A couple of bands started proceedings, the first playing thrash metal who were good at what they were doing not really not my kind of thing. The second band would just not leave the stage and must have gone on for an hour. Hence proceedings were very rushed & I did not get the opportunity to perform until 11.05pm after a couple of other acoustic people and a 'karoke' style bloke who did Delilah! Still worked out to be second on the bill, behind Gemma's band. I did three songs the first was a rushed version of Same Old Song with no extended middle alas. I felt this was ok (it always take me time to settle in, any opening song I'm never that satisfied with). I then went into Share This World (the wedding thing I'm singing). This was good and has given me confidence to sing it in the church, though I doubt I'll have seven pints before which was the case here. Finishing this I launched into the Who's 'Who Are You' which I was immensely happy with. I could even here some of the audience do the backing vocals. I did the full version of this which must have lasted the same time as the first two songs put together but it seemed to get a good reaction from the crowd and when that happens it is always fulfilling. I stayed on to watch Gemma's band and got a couple of positive comments from random strangers (always nice) so had a great night which I may have to do again.
Actually there is a distinct possibility that Sulphur may be playing Tone's on Sunday 10th September which is a all day event so get yourself along if you can.

RB set -- Same Old Song / Share This World / Who Are You

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?