Friday, April 28, 2006

 

We Are Scientists Shepherds Bush Empire 13.4.06

After a bit of a holiday I returned to London to see another 'next big thing' band. Three americans having fun with the new sound. Actually they were not that bad with some indie anthems and a good cover of the Ronettes 'Be My Baby' towards the end. This was the second time I've heard a band cover this song at this venue as The Lightning Seeds did about ten years ago!!!
The audience was a young mix with a few indie chicks around one of whom offered to but me a drink in the Vesbar saying the gig was blinding! Alas I already had a full pint in front of me. Matt & I did do a good crawl before hand where our mission was to get rid of Matt's out of date fiver, spotted by the old landlord in the Duke Of Edinborough pub, a right old fashioned boozer. After failing at three venues Matt was sucessful in O'Neills only after tearing a legal current fiver in half by mistake!

Set - This Scene Is Dead / Inaction / Worth The Wait / It's A Hit / Don't Act Surprised / Can't Lose / Callbacks / Lousy Reputation / Nobody Move, Nobody Get Hurt / What's The Word / Cash Cow / I Want More / Textbook / Be My Baby / The Great Escape

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?