Friday, April 28, 2006

 

Rick Witter & The Dukes, The Garage 18.4.06

Rick Witter of Shed Seven that is. Shed Seven were possibly one of the most entertaining bands of the Britpop era with many singalong classics. Getting to the venue fifteen minutes before he was scheduled to come on the bar was rammed. Still at least they had the good sense to have the Who as the backing music. 15 minutes later I got served with the applause of the band coming on. Before I could pick up my glass 'Getting Better' was launched into. Back to the old days of the Sheds!!! I found my way down to the front and managed to get on the front barrier to the right of the stage. From here I saw the setlist and was elighted to see five Shed Seven classics. Intermingled was Rick's new stuff, which sound very Shed Seven esque. Especially enjoyed The Year Of The Rat upon first listen. Still found myself singing to the old stuff though and reminisced on how hoarse I used to get with the Shed Seven gigs. Ending with Chasing Rainbows it was almost like they never went away!

Set - Getting Better / He Was The Boy / Pull Together / Devil Will Be Waiting / Where Have You Been Tonight? / Sky Falls Down / On Standby / Flying Blind / Dead On Arrival / Going For Gold / Year Of The Rat ///// Other Way Round / Chasing Rainbows

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?