Thursday, December 22, 2005

 

Something About Christmas Time

Have to say I'm not a big fan of Christmas. I've just done my shopping and endured the hell of the High Street with lots of screaming children and people who don't know what there doing around. Honestly you'd swear that some of the people in HMV haven't bought a CD in their life before! Added to that you're bound to get the annual cold, with mine starting after last weekend's drinking resulting in three nights being alcohol free and only slightly better. Finally, the pubs start to get full of drunk people who apparently only drink once a year. Was in the Jack Horner a couple of Thursdays ago at six in the evening and there were a group of people just stagerring into each other and holding onto each other just to stand up. Where are these people in January I ask?
Personally my Christmas will be quite enjoyable. After a few beers with work colleagues on Friday (23) I will be at the National Film Theatre celebrating 50 years of ITV watching a documentary on the Smiths and the Stone Roses. Two great bands! Christmas Eve, as per most years, I will be in the Harrow, and this year as I would not have been drinking since 10.30am as it's not a working day! Just before we do go in the Harrow though, Sulphur will be doing what is now a traditional Christmas Eve rehearsal as we try to finalise our Cheamstck set for January 8th! The lowlight will probably be my trip to Watford on Boxing Day with some bright spark deciding it's best to close Watford tube station that day leaving me with a 2 1/2 mile walk from Moor Park. Also it's a twelve o'clock kick off! Just hope Saints get a result.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?